The users of Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 are well-versed with the fact that every time they leave their system free for some time, they have to apply a password to re-open it because the login screen returns and locks the computer from accessing files and other data. It is a good way to secure your data, but it can irritate you if you have to take short breaks while using your system. To secure your sensitive files, you can password protect files so that nobody else can access them or change them. But the password you enter every time to get into the system needs to be disabled to avoid the annoying situation. I am going to explain the process in detail so that you could easily understand every step. Here is how you can perform this task.
Method # 1: By Using Control Panel
- Press “Windows” key to open the Search Bar.
- Add “netplwiz” in the search bar for direct access to the “User Accounts” feature of Control Panel.
- Here, in User Accounts, you will see two tabs on the top left side of the window. You need to click the second tab named “Advanced.”
- It will show different categories. You should select “Manage Passwords” option that lies in the first category “Passwords.”
- You will see the window of Credential Manager where you will find your web and windows credentials. You need to click “Windows Credentials” category on the top right side.
- Here, the second last feature is “Generic Credentials” that contains the your desired settings. (Being a user of Windows 10 you know that whenever you have to log into your system, you have to use your Microsoft account’s email ID and it’s Password. So, you need to look for “Microsoft Account” option in Generic Credentials category)
- When you find the option. Just click to open its details.
- Now you will see the username and ID details. You will get two options below the particulars in this category: Edit and Remove. Since you are fed up with the login password and want to disable it, so you should select “Remove” from here.
Now it will eliminate the details and you will get a password-free system where you can log in anytime freely. It will no more ask you to type password now.
Method # 2: By Using Secure Screen
Another way to remove password is to use Alt+Ctrl+Del keys. Follow the guide below.
- Press “Alt+Ctrl+Del” keys to show the secure screen where you will see a few options. You need to click “Change a Password” option.
- You will see the options to enter “Current” and “New” password here. You should fill the box “Current Password” by adding your old password and do not type anything in “New” and “Confirm Password” boxes. Leave them blank.
P.S: Before starting this process you should also check first that your PC is free from this Antimalware Service Executable problem check guide to fix antimalware service executable and also free from dns unlocker virus here’s a good guide for you to remove dns unlocker easily step-by-step.
thank you for reading.